dinsdag 5 februari 2013

Organize Your Earrings

I love jewelry and feel absolutely naked without it. I also have a lot of it including earrings. Over the years a have made and bought lots of pairs both in shops and in yardsales. Though I must admit that I put new hooks on the ones I buy secondhand for hygiene reasons.
To organize them I used to hang them all on a metal clotheshanger ( the sort you get when you pickup your drycleaning). This wasn't the best solution because they tendend to slide to one side and often fell off.
Then one day I was looking on the internet for a better way to organize them  and came across a great Idea which I simplified a bit.
I hung a piece of stiff meshing from two pieces of wire which I attached to a towelrail which I had there already but you could just as well attach it to two hooks.



I can now hang my earings pair by pair in a very well organized fashion so I can find the pair I want in the fraction of the time I needed in the past.
The original idea had the mesh attached to the back of a pictureframe which was hung on the wall. I would have done this myself had it not been for the fact that my walls are covered in quilts and pictures etc.
If you want to try the version with the pictureframe make sure you make something on the back of the frame so it comes a bit away from the wall otherwise you won't be able to hook your earings on the mesh.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten