zondag 3 februari 2013

Lego/Playmobil Table

A long time ago ( although it seems like yesterday) when my children were young they played a lot with lego and playmobil. I would often step on small pieces of lego left lying around on the floor and I had to take care not to step on the creations they had made. If they had really done their best I would not tidy everthing up right away but leave it as it was so they could play with it another day.
Then I had an idea... Right in the back of a closet we had an old table which had belonged to my grandmother. We had kept it as an extra table in case we had guests and needed extra places set but it was never used.
It had legs which you could screw off and an extra leaf in the middle so you could extend it.
I thought it would be a nice and usefull idea to paint the top and use it as a table my children could play on. That way everything would not be left lying around on the floor to trip over.
Here is a photo of the smaller version. I haven't botherd to screw the legs on. After all, it's the top that matters.



I can't remember what kind of paint I used. Do take care to make the design of both parts correspond with each other so your version doesn't end up like mine.

This is the extended version 




My son had a lot of water themed Lego so I made a water/beach/land version but you can paint on anything you want whether it's a city theme, desert, moon surface or farm theme.
This table didn't stop me stepping on small pieces of Lego left on the floor but it did enable me to leave out the things they had made for as long as they wanted.
Nowadays we use the table for what it was meant for. We get it out of the cupboard when the children come home for Christmas etc.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten